Thursday, October 31, 2013

Spooky Night

The weather outside is frightful...perfect Halloween night~  Fog coats the air so thickly that I can’t see across Carmen’s Bay.  Trees are dripping moisture creating ample gloom for this spooky evening of Halloween.  My neighborhood is filled with witches stirring cauldrons, ghosts haunting the bushes, and black cats screeching.  


Halloween treats of fruit candies, and chocolate bars are piled in bowls near the door where smiling witches will greet the visiting goblins who mumble “Trick or Treat” through their masks.  I love seeing the little tykes coming to my door with their pumpkins and parents.  But I’m gracious to the teenagers who can’t give up the ghost and still want to trick or treat on Halloween.  After all, it still pains me to remember hearing the grumpy guy who told me “you’re too big!” when I rang his bell in my yearly witches’ costume.  I love holidays.  Aren’t we supposed to get into these celebrations?

No comments:

Post a Comment