Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter baskets, dresses, burrrrrrrrr

Those shivering little girls in their sleeveless Easter dresses and bonnets are going to be so disappointed.  Surely the snow will melt and the temps warm up before the Big Weekend holiday!  What's the point of an Easter egg hunt in the snow?  Uncovering Easter treats under wet snow piled up on the lawn would be miserable.  And the poor moms thinking, "How am I going to get that dress clean after all the muddy stains...and those tiny white gloves!"  UFDA!  But, in truth, do little girls still don lovely dresses, wear ribbons in their curled hair, pull on lacy gloves, turned over anklets and paten leather shoes in honor of the day?  I wonder...I see so many kids in sweats and torn jeans at Sunday morning church services.  Parents wear the same informal clothing.  I miss seeing church goers attending Sunday services dress up in their "Sunday best".  However, I am aware that at least some people are still bringing their children to church and sunday school.  I did like the idea that Sunday was not just another day of the week; it was special, family time, a day of rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment